This information is for the new Woodlands Area Youth Symphony (W.A.Y.S.) If you are an adult musician interested in a volunteer playing position with the WSO, please navigate to Auditions.
- Youth auditions are open to all students grades 7-12 public, private and home school. This FULL ORCHESTRA encompasses the Woodlands, Oak Ridge, Magnolia, Tomball, Klein, Spring, Conroe, Willis, Montgomery and Lone Star College students. However, if you are from outside this area and willing to commute to rehearsals in the Woodlands, please audition also.
- You are required to submit a video recording to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before August 20, 2017 , fill out the contact information and pay the non-refundable $15.00 application fee. Auditions will before the start of the season with a RECORDING deadline of August 20 and the closing LIVE AUDITION deadline of August 21. Positions will be filled by quality of musicianship with limited seating – especially in the winds. Do not procrastinate and miss the date!
- AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR RECORDING STATE YOUR NAME/GRADE/SCHOOL. A decent tablet or cell phone will suffice. You will email your audition to email@example.com You may also upload the recording to Dropbox, One Drive, Drive (Google) and share the link, also to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have recording questions, please send an email in advance and we will assist you to the best of our ability. The WSO embraces technology as we advance the next generation of symphony musicians. It would be virtually impossible to hold a convenient audition time/place/date for everyone. However, we have the ability for virtual auditions and our committee will meet to watch/listen to your recordings.
- Students that performed New World Symphony last season with the WSO do not have to re-audition for the 2017-18. Students that were not selected last season for the side-by-side concert will re-audition but do not have to pay the application fee. All new students must complete the audition form, application fee and submit a recording.
- Please navigate to the W.A.Y.S. Handbook Tab for detailed information including audition requirements, rehearsals, concerts and tuition.
Remember to fill out and submit the application found on the W.A.Y.S. page.
Use the “Pay Now” button here for your $15 application fee.