This information is for the new Woodlands Area Youth Symphony (W.A.Y.S.) If you are an adult musician interested in a volunteer playing position with the WSO, please navigate to Auditions.
- Youth auditions are open to all students grades 7-12 public, private and home school. This FULL ORCHESTRA encompasses the Woodlands, Oak Ridge, Magnolia, Tomball, Klein, Spring, Conroe, Willis, Montgomery and Lone Star College students. However, if you are from outside this area and willing to commute to rehearsals in the Woodlands, please audition also.
- Once you have filled out the contract information form and paid the $25 application fee (non-refundable) please email: director@WoodlandsSymphony.org
- It would be virtually impossible to hold a convenient audition time/place/date for everyone. Our only date to audition for this semester is January 15th, 2018 between 5pm and 9pm at Lone Star College – Montgomery. You will be given an audition time based on when your email is received. You may request a time if you wish on January 15th between the hours of 5Pm and 9Pm but times are not guaranteed based on completion of application steps.
- Students that performed Firebird & Final Fantasy, New World Symphony or Romeo and Juliet in the last two seasons with the WSO do not have to re-audition for the 2017-18. Students that were not selected last season for the side-by-side concert will re-audition but do not have to pay the application fee. All new students must complete the audition form, application fee and submit a recording.
- Please navigate to the W.A.Y.S. Handbook Tab for detailed information including audition requirements, rehearsals, concerts and tuition.
Remember to fill out and submit the application found on the W.A.Y.S. page.
Use the “Pay Now” button here for your $25 application fee.