NEXT WAYS AUDITION:
Please submit audition recordings no later than Monday September 5 by 8:00 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is for the Woodlands Area Youth Symphony (W.A.Y.S.)
If you are an adult musician interested in a volunteer playing position with the WSO, please navigate to Auditions.
- Youth auditions are open to all students grades 7-12 public, private and home school. This FULL ORCHESTRA encompasses the Woodlands, Oak Ridge, Magnolia, Tomball, Klein, Spring, Conroe, Willis, Montgomery and Lone Star College students. However, if you are from outside this area and willing to commute to rehearsals in the Woodlands, please audition also.
- Once you have filled out the Audition Request Form and paid the $30 application fee (non-refundable) found on the WAYS main tab please email: director@WoodlandsSymphony.org
- Auditions are by recording – however rehearsals and concerts are live. Please make three separate files and email one at a time. First file are the scales (see requirements). Second and thirds files should contain no more than 3 minutes each of your music. Make your lyrical solo recording after the scale in the next file and and then the last file to submit is the technical solo.
- All new students must complete the audition form, application fee and submit a recording.
- All returning students must complete the returning student form and will re-audition for their chair placement. Application fee and audition recordings are not required for returning students.
- Please navigate to the W.A.Y.S. Handbook Tab for detailed information including audition requirements, rehearsals, concerts and tuition.
In order to audition you must complete these two steps. Fill out this Audition Request Form in detail and completely. Below the form is the audition application fee for all new students. The $30 application fee and the Audition Request Form must be submitted for your recordings to be evaluated.