NEXT W.A.Y.S. AUDITION:
Please submit audition recordings no later than
6:00 PM on Sunday September 6th
This information is for the Woodlands Area Youth Symphony (W.A.Y.S.)
If you are an adult musician interested in a volunteer playing position with the WSO, please navigate to Auditions.
- Youth auditions are open to all students grades 7-12 public, private and home school. This FULL ORCHESTRA encompasses the Woodlands, Oak Ridge, Magnolia, Tomball, Klein, Spring, Conroe, Willis, Montgomery and Lone Star College students. However, if you are from outside this area and willing to commute to rehearsals in the Woodlands, please audition also.
- Once you have filled out the contract information form and paid the $25 application fee (non-refundable) please email: director@WoodlandsSymphony.org
- Auditions are by recording however rehearsals and concerts are live. Please make three seperate files and email one at a time. First file is scales (see requirements). Second and thirds files should contain no more than 3 minutes of your lyrical and technical solo each.
- Students that were not selected last season will re-audition but do not have to pay the application fee.
- All new students must complete the audition form, application fee and submit a recording.
- All returning students must re-audition for their chair placement. Application fee is not required.
- Please navigate to the W.A.Y.S. Handbook Tab for detailed information including audition requirements, rehearsals, concerts and tuition.
Remember to fill out and submit the application found on the W.A.Y.S. page.
Use the “Pay Now” button here for your $25 application fee.